Our canine companions deserve to live a stress free, stimulating life that we can enjoy with them. Smarty Paws can provide the map to put you and your dog on the correct path! My goal for all training — whether agility, behavior or obedience — is to provide training tools in a fun environment so both dog and owner bond through a positive training experience.
Take a look at our Class Schedule for a complete overview of all our training types. Then you can register for a class by visiting our K9 Activity Center.
One-on-One Private Training
Herding Instinct Evaluation
Have your dog evaluated for its herding instinct. This service will be scheduled individually, though a day may be set aside to evaluate several dogs over a few hours. Interested? Make your Private Training Request in the K9 Activity Center.
A half an hour of work on sheep with an instructor for continuing work on livestock. Time at facility may be longer than lesson time, to give livestock time to rest. Plan about 3 "go's", per scheduled lesson.
These will be privately scheduled. Interested? Make your Private Training Request in the K9 Activity Center.
Get Ready for Agility Class
FIRST NIGHT OF CLASS
- Dogs must have proof of current vaccinations, as well as proof of a negative fecal exam, within one week of starting class. Please bring your shot records to the first night of class or mail them before class.
- Payment is due in full on the first night of class. Payment may be cash, check, or credit card.
- These classes will be held inside on rubber flooring, please dress comfortably.
- Please be sure your dog is in good health and fit for this training. If you or your dog has a special need, please let me know, i.e. recovering from injury, surgery, etc. for which we can lower jumps or do controlled exercises instead.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS
- A buckle collar or quick release collar.
- A 4 or 6 inch tab lead. If you do not have one, I usually have these for sale at class.
- A 4 or 6 foot lead.
- Lots of your dogs favorite treats!!!
- A favorite training toy (ball, frisbee, squeaky, tug)
- A hungry dog. Please do not feed your dog at least four hours before class.
- Please carry a plastic bag with you for clean up. !
- Aggressive dogs.
- Choke, pinch, or shock collars.
- Bitches in season. We can make these classes up if this happens.